Merit-based Incentive Payment System (MIPS) Services
The MIPS program requires a well-prepared strategy to successfully report to CMS; maximize potential incentive money; and avoid potential penalties or adjustments on reimbursement for failure to report. Our services listed below can help your practice develop a plan to be successful with this program.
Consulting and Planning Services
- Assist in determining provider/practice participation eligibility status.
- Assist in determining any potential hardships.
- Help identify and select reporting options for practice. Assess all available options and their potential cost for each category. Please note, there are four measurement performance categories in MIPS. The Advancing Care Information category (formerly referred to as Meaningful Use) requires use of Certified EHR Technology. Refer to the ‘Additional Services…’ section of this page if the practice does not currently use a Certified EHR Technology.
- Help ensure current EHR is certified and identify any updates, add-ons, plug-ins or other technologies that may be required to be successful.
MIPS Category Measure Assistance
- Jointly develop an action plan to achieve success in all MIPS categories.
- Help identify measures for each MIPS Category (e.g. Quality, Improvement Activities, Advancing Care Information and Cost).
- Ensure that your vendor’s EHR implementation and training plan supports accurate and compliant reporting of MIPS.
- Assist in documenting that your practice has successfully reported MIPS.
Functional Interoperability and Health Information Exchange (HIE) Services
- Help review potential interoperability opportunities in community and identify potential costs.
Privacy and Security
- Suggest resources to help practice address any privacy or security needs.